[CentOS] plan of action?

Fri Sep 16 15:01:02 UTC 2005
Ian mu <mu.llamas at gmail.com>

For what its worth, I've lurked in the background most of the time rading
mails and generally thinking about unsubscribing recently, thats not because
I dislike Centos or anything, far from it, I just think over the past months
its got to a stage where some change needs to happen, just mainly down to
the sheer volume of mails on the list now per day.
 Personally I think the centos forums could be redone, I switch between
Centos and Ubuntu depending on what I'm doing at the time, and their forums
are amazing for help (whereas I think Centos forums are awful and never use
them at all and actually puts people off using it if anything), and I think
the same would benefit Centos. A general decent faq, sticky threads for
common problems, you don't have to read bitch threads and can subscribe to
forums/threads if you so choose.
 I think there's only so much you can get out of a mailing list, and
shouldn't be a deciding factor for using a dist or not as if anything its a
victim of its own success in my view, but its worth trying to head things in
the right direction also when problems do occurr.
 Ian