[CentOS] applets reported as dying unexpectedy on login

Mon Sep 26 04:38:23 UTC 2005
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

On 9/25/05, Karanbir Singh <Mail-Lists at karan.org> wrote:
> Tony wrote:
> > Ever since the xorg-x11 security update of September 13th, I often see
> > the following 3 messages on login:
> >
> > The "Show Desktop" applet appears to have died unexpectedly.Do you want
> > to reload this applet?
> > The "Window List" applet appears to have died unexpectedly.Do you want
> > to reload this applet?
> > The "Workspace Switcher" applet appears to have died unexpectedly.Do you
> > want to reload this applet?
>
> try removing and adding these components back to the panel. Does that
> resolve the issue ?

On my end here, the problem seems to have disappeared when I check
"Save current setup" before I logout or restart the computer. YMMV.

Hope this helps.

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.