[CentOS] Why is yum not liked by some?

Wed Sep 7 22:11:44 UTC 2005
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 12:53 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > on server systems I find it to be a good idea. If you set
> > up as one LVM volume, it's not going to be on it's own
> > partition.
>
> Aw now, don't get anal.  ;->
> Besides, that's all subjective.
>
> E.g., even a "Logical Partition" isn't a partition.  It's a
> "partition in a partition" since the legacy PC BIOS/DOS disk
> label can only have 4 partitions.
----
if you have seen true anal retentive behavior, then you would not willy
nilly call me being anal for the above - but rather your inclination to
put exactness to the statement I made in your own terms is much closer
to anal retentive behavior.

Granted what I stated didn't precisely cover all the various
possibilities of partitioning with or without LVM and therefore lacked
the precision that you hold so dear.

Thankfully, I have a sense of humor but not everyone enjoys having their
posts picked apart for what appears to only be petty corrections to
their imprecision...you should keep that in mind.

Craig