[CentOS] How to find your IP Address

Chris Peikert c.peikert at co.matagorda.tx.us
Thu Apr 27 14:07:21 UTC 2006

OK guys thanks for your answers. Some of them were way to technical for me
being a beginner. What I found instead of ifconfig was: ip addr show

As for the Samba problem I don't have the firewall turned on yet. I don't
want the problems while I learn linux. What I did was run the above command
and got the ip address. Once I did that I pinged it from windows then I was
able to ping the name to make sure I can see it. Once it worked I was able
to see the shares now. Part of the problem may have been the DHCP didn't
share the information with the DNS in a timely fashion. Thanks.