[CentOS] How to find your IP Address

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 18:07:20 UTC 2006

On 4/27/06, Chris Peikert <c.peikert at co.matagorda.tx.us> wrote:
> OK guys thanks for your answers. Some of them were way to technical for me
> being a beginner. What I found instead of ifconfig was: ip addr show

ip addr show is the new method which is supposed to replace ifconfig.
I keep forgetting to recommend the 'new' way instead of the way I've
done it for the last few years. It's much better that you found this
way, as it is the 'proper' way to be doing things right now. Good
work.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be