[CentOS] SELINUX?

Fri Apr 7 13:47:56 UTC 2006
Chris Peikert <c.peikert at co.matagorda.tx.us>

Reason I asked here was I know I would get a better answer than google. I
have had terrible luck in googling. I swear it hates me sometimes. I believe
its an international conspiracy of Google Gnomes that purposely hands me bad
information when I try to google something. I retrieve good information
about 25% of the time when I use google and scarey enough it's the better
search engine.

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Steve Huff
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 8:12 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] SELINUX?

On Apr 7, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Chris Peikert wrote:

> While downloading almost all the guilds I came across a SELINUX
> Guide. Whats that for?
dude.  seriously.

http://www.google.com/search?q=selinux

i'm not trying to be mean to you, but: when you have a question, your
first impulse should *not* be to email the list.  if you're starting
out with Linux (and it sounds like you are), you'll have a LOT of
questions, and if you post them all to the list, you will soon
exhaust people's goodwill and stop getting answers.  and some of
those questions will be hard ones, and you won't be able to figure
them out just by Googling, but you'll have pissed off the list, and
so you'll be out of luck.

have you read ESR's "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way"?

it was posted to the list recently, and i'd recommend you read it and
start doing what it says. :)

alternately, you could buy support from Red Hat.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v