[CentOS] Thanks

Sat Apr 8 01:52:04 UTC 2006
Paul <subsolar at subsolar.com>

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 08:05 -0500, Robert wrote:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 07:33:39AM -0500, Chris Peikert enlightened us:
> >

> >>Thanks for the help guys. To resize my screen I had to go through the GUI
> >>part and change it but unlike Microsoft it makes me reboot in order for it
> >>to take affect which sucks. The Ctrl Alt +/- does not work.
> >>

> >You just had to log out and back in, shouldn't need to reboot.
> >

> Strange...  I'm using KDE, typing this reply in Mozilla Mail and have
> used cntl+alt+"+" to cycle through all three resolutions since starting
> this sentence!  There.  I'm back to 1024x768 again.   Point is, I
> neither rebooted nor logged out nor closed/opened the application.  I'm
> wondering if Chris did something wrong on installation that's gonna bite
> him in butt repeatedly.

Probably not ... the installer probably just selected one resolution by
default.  The system-config-display GUI looks like it only lets you
select one screen resolution only.

I normally manually add the resolutions I want at home by editing the
xorg.conf file.  The CentOS systems I'm running are servers and don't
have the GUI setup on them and it's been a bit since I've done a
Workstation/Desktop install.

Paul