[CentOS] dag repo and perl dependencies naming

Mon Apr 24 12:23:48 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

>>Is there a reason to not perform basic upgrade
> >tasks like 'yum update' (aside from the obvious now where it won't
> >work)?
> >
> Ok, I'll be watching close.

I'm not sure how 'OK' fits as an answer to that question, but so long
as you're aware of what you're doing, I'm not one to judge.

> But you did not explain why the rpm dependency was failing:
Something is horked in your system, and we don't have enough detail
yet to know why it's failing to upgrade rpm.

> Is it a yum bug?

Dag covered part of this already. Part of what you're seeing is
related to crap on your system, and the other part is something that
some call a bug and some don't. I don't see it as a bug, but it's also
not the way I'd expect yum to act.

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be