[CentOS] CentOS and Intel S5000PAL NIC problem

Mindaugas Kiznis

mindaugas at bgm.lt
Wed Aug 2 14:07:43 UTC 2006

Hello,

 - I have posted this to the Rocks Clusters discussion list, I will try here too. I have problems installing Rocks 4.1 and 4.2 Beta, which is based on CentOS 4.3 on Intel S5000PAL server board. My guess is that the installion requires "10/100/1000 Intel® 82563EB PHYs supporting Intel® I/O Acceleration Technology" to be fully up. However, the included e1000 module seems to be not the latest and does not fit the mentioned NIC. Intel publishes driver sources. My question, is there any version of the latest e1000 in driver disk format for CentOS 4.3/RHEL4?

Will appreciate any comments. Thank you!

--

 Best Regards,
 Mindaugas Kiznis

 BGM