[CentOS] CentOS Based Fierwall Document

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Fri Aug 4 13:22:20 UTC 2006

Frank Tanner III wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 13:15 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Frank Tanner III wrote:
>>

>>> It's no wonder that computer novices want nothing to do with Linux.
>>>
>> Maybe Linux wants nothing to do with obnoxious people ?
>>
>> PS How you communicate influences how you are being perceived, and how you
>> are being perceived incluences how people respond. But if you want to
>> believe everybody who uses CentOS dislikes you, go ahead, nobody is
>> stopping you.
>>
>> Unless you want to believe they are. That's fine too. :)
>>

> It's a well known "fact" amongst the general public that the Linux
> "evangelists" are a rude flaming bunch.  There are hundreds of news
> articles stating such.  An THIS is what the public in general bases
> their attitudes with regards to the community as a whole on.
>
> I communicated clearly and concisely.  I didn't say ONE negative thing
> until I got jumped on; or didn't you actually read the thread.

I just read this entire exchange.  I think Karanbir's initial response
might have seemed a bit curt.  Perhaps he was just busy.  It didn't seem
like anyone went out of their way to annoy you.  Your posts, except for
the first, have been insulting to others (and intentionally so).  Rather
than lash out at "the community," a view into the mirror might be more
instructive.  I've found the community in general and this list in
particular to be quite useful over the years.  Sure, there is the
occasional wanker (some might even think I'm one of them...heh), but I
think your characterization of the community and the list is wrong,
unfair, and rather mean spirited.

I hope you find a place to host your code and that you have a chance to
reflect on your behaviour and see that it was perhaps triggered by a
simple misunderstanding rather than malice.

Cheers,