[CentOS] CentOS Based Fierwall Document

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri Aug 4 14:42:55 UTC 2006

pctech at mybellybutton.com wrote:

> Etiquette?  What etiquette?  The FIRST comment out of anyone's "mouth"
> was "piss off".  Where's the etequitte in that?

That's really astonishing. I must have missed that mail, though I don't
really filter mails. Who said that and where?

> Well then prove me wrong?  Because that's all I've gotten at every
> turn was nothing but flames.  I tried to be helpful and offer
> something to the community that I, obviously mistakenly, though muight
> be useful and got a hearty "f*ck you" for my efforts.  Where's the
> "community spirit" in that?

Oh right. Nobody offered you to host that document on wiki.centos.org. I
must have dreamt that then.

The first offensive mail came from you:

| On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 15:18 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
| > On 8/3/06, pctech at mybellybutton.com <pctech at mybellybutton.com>
| > wrote:
| >> For those of you that either have an older revision of my firewall
| >> document, or are otherwise keeping track of it, there is a new
| >> version available.  The current version of the document is version
| >> 3.1.  It's changed rather significantly in some areas.
| >
| > For those of us who have neither?
|
| Then there's no reason for you to fricken reply, is there?

The second mail was an offer to you to host the document on
wiki.centos.org by Jim Perrin. Which you responded to somewhat
strangely.

The third Mail was Karanbir Singh asking you:

| and who are you ?
| and what / where is your firewall doc ?

Which is *short* and maybe misunderstandable, but not offensive at all.
It was a question towards you because that was your first mail on the
list (AFAICS) and noone on this list knew this document.

Your answer to that was:

| So far, two of the three replies, yours being one of them, have left me
| with the impression that everyone in the CentOS community is the same as
| the jerks in the forum were.

So: Second offensive mail also came from you.

You really *do* seem to have a perception problem.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one