[CentOS] CentOS Based Fierwall Document

pctech at mybellybutton.com pctech at mybellybutton.com
Fri Aug 4 14:27:09 UTC 2006

>On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 06:12 -0700, Frank Tanner III wrote:
>> It's a well known "fact" amongst the general public that the Linux
>> "evangelists" are a rude flaming bunch.  There are hundreds of news
>> articles stating such.  An THIS is what the public in general bases
>> their attitudes with regards to the community as a whole on.
>
>You have to keep in mind that support from lists like this one are
>voluntary in nature. So, it only seems decent to try to get the
>etiquette of the list, and (although it does not apply here) research a
>problem before posting questions to the list.

Etiquette?  What etiquette?  The FIRST comment out of anyone's "mouth" was "piss off".  Where's the etequitte in that?

>IMHO calling Linux community members a "rude flaming bunch" is highly
>inappropriate. The community built a free operating system, and provides
>free support. If people need hand holding or extensive support they can
>get a support contract from a prominent North-American Linux vendor, or
>one of the other venues that provides Linux support.

Well then prove me wrong?  Because that's all I've gotten at every turn was nothing but flames.  I tried to be helpful and offer something to the community that I, obviously mistakenly, though muight be useful and got a hearty "f*ck you" for my efforts.  Where's the "community spirit" in that?