[CentOS] Centos Based Fierwall Document

Ian Kaufman iank at mac.com
Fri Aug 4 16:13:41 UTC 2006

> Well, that's not the way it came across.

And now you see how one misinterpretation fuels the fires of a flamewar.
Hence, my advice - do not let your preconceived notions of how a
community's minority might react color your participation in said
community. Obviously you want to participate and obviously you have
somethign to share. That is the crux of Open Source. The "elitist" attitude
is not as widely pervasive as people like to think, it's just the
press and others grasp onto the minority of outspoken member of the
community and nobody writes about the droves of people who are
genuinely helpful.

Plop your docs onto the CentOS wiki - and be prepared - you might get some
criticism since it will be out in public. But, you also might receive some
praise. And don't further fuel the negative press of our elitist community
by being elitist yourself ;) Someone just stumbling on this list for the
first time probably just got a huge bad first impression of you. Now's a
good time to correct that impression.

Ian