[CentOS] Re: CentOS Based Fierwall Document

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Aug 4 23:54:47 UTC 2006

>> Well, with an attitude like that, I can say that I don't think your
>> absence on the list will be missed.  That's a mighty big chip on your
>> shoulder.  It must be heavy.
>>
>> *shrug*
>>

> And YOU wouldn't have a big chip on your shoulder if you OFFERED something you worked for many months on up to people and got flamed for your troubles?

But you have done the same thing. The very same people you have been going
back and forth with are some of the very same people that have made CentOS
what it is. They have given much more than just months of their time. They
give bandwidth and server space to host files, yum repos, and even entire
distro mirrors. They spend a lot of their free time debugging and fixing the
upstream packages that might not play nice when re-compiled. And they spend
even more time on these lists answering questions and helping where they can.

I'm sure that just Dag, Lance, and Karanbir, not to mention other names that I
didn't see in this thread, have given way above what they really had time for.
I'm sure they sacrifice much of their free time on this project.

And I say again --  Thank you!!
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and