[CentOS] Lock ups: recent, anybody else?

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 19:17:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 14:56 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> Yesterday, did the following. Two lockups since then. Recent freetype
> had just cured some anomalies and now this.<snip>

BTW, for the first time since installing the new freetype (only a few
days ago, I know), I am getting symptoms similar to those prior to that
freetype install. In X desktop, click on Firefox or T'bird icon and get
only "busy signal (the little circular arrow that stands in for the MS
HOURglass) and then nada. No messages in logs.

Usually if I reboot, it'll work.

TIA
--
Bill