[CentOS] openldap 2.3.x?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Aug 9 16:15:40 UTC 2006

Quoting Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>:

>> It might be possible to backport one from Fedora. I'll give it a try here in
>> the next week or so and see how it goes.
>
> The backport does indeed build and install, I'll test it here for a
> day or two to make sure it's stable, and then toss it up in the
> dev.centos.org repository.
>
> I'd have answered this sooner, but the job scene is interesting right
> now, and consuming most of my free time for the next few weeks or so.

I also just finished recompile and few basic tests on Fedora's package.

I needed to change spec file a bit since it required
bind-libbind-devel and libtool-ltdl-devel which seem to be some Fedora
specific stuff (probably part of bind-devel and and
libtool/libtool-libs on CentOS, but I haven't checked).

When upgrading, the compat package was also needed since many parts of
CentOS depend on 2.2 libs.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/