[CentOS] Subversion: 400 Bad request error

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Aug 11 17:14:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Jean Figarella wrote:

> On my CentOS I cannot check out code anywhere on my NFS-mounted
> home. svn simply does not work on the NFS. I tried other users and
> the same thing happens. I've tried mounting the home directory
> manually, double checked that uids and gids are correct, upgraded to
> subversion-1.3.2-1 and nfs utils version, checked the /etc/export
> file from the nfs server, and everything looks right. I don't know
> why I CentOS giving me this problem.

Before you start down the long, dark road to strace and tcpdump, do
you know if nscd is running on the CentOS box? If not, try starting
it:

  /sbin/service nscd start

That's often helped me resolve odd problems on redhat-esque systems
that get auth info over the network.

After that, strace would be my first troubleshooting tool of choice:

  cd /somewhere/in/nfs/home/dir
  strace -o /tmp/svn.trace svn co [....]

The /tmp/svn.trace file will show you the system calls that preceded
svn giving up and reporting an error.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com