[CentOS] XFS and CentOS 4.3

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:51:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 04:18, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Personally, I would not use xfs on Linux ... maybe take a look here:
>
> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060814
>
> And see what several debain devel's say about XFS.

Was the update at the bottom of that article pointing to
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html#dir2
there when you read it.  Turns out to be a kernel bug in
2.6.17 that is fixed in 2.6.17.7 and later.  What's the
deal with recent kernels anyway?  All kinds of stuff has
been broken in fedora in the last several kernel updates
and they are only up to 2.6.17-1 or so.  It keeps reminding
why I like Centos, but how can anyone ship something that
won't boot on a mainstream box like an IBM x86 eserver?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com