[CentOS] XFS and CentOS 4.3

Mark Strong mstrong at tnsi.com
Wed Aug 16 01:49:02 UTC 2006

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

I'll take it under advisement that XFS may eat(read fill it up with
zeros) my data without a moments warning.

But I'll give it a go (the kernel-module-xfs-xxxx.rpm) that is.

I currently have a debian(my normal distro choice) system with a
kernel.org kernel 2.6.11.4 running XFS on stripe of scsi disks, and had
a little trouble at the start, but its been working fine lately (uptime
of 225 days).  XFS can be good under certain circumstances.

> And see what several debain devel's say about XFS.
I think those debian guys are crazy to run XFS on laptops and/or normal
desktops (unless you were testing XFS for robustness, during the
inevitable power failures).

Regards
Mark Strong.