[CentOS] help with Intel GMA 950 3D graphics card

Julio E. Gonzalez P.

jegp at netvision.com.py
Thu Aug 17 14:35:01 UTC 2006

Hi!.
I recently buy a new notebook, and install CentOS 4.3 on it. This
because I'm in charge of a lot a servers with Centos installed, and want
to use only one distro in all my machines. And, because of course I
really like Centos for desktop too. :)

The notebook comes with Intel GMA 950 video graphics. I can use it with
the vesa driver of Xorg, but I also want 3D graphics, for some games,
wine, etc.
Is there _*a easy way*_ to use 3D in Centos 4.3 with the GMA 950 video
graphics card? I believe that Xorg 7.1 have support for this card, but
Centos comes with a older Xorg.

Also... the same cuestion, but for configure and install the intel
wireless 3945ABG card. I already tried ndiswrapper (don't work for me)
and the open source drivers (compilation problem).

Thanks.
Julio.