[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel - Request for input

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Thu Aug 17 22:17:02 UTC 2006

OK,

I am building the new CentOSPlus kernel for i386/x86_64.

It is based on the 2.6.9-42.EL kernel that will be part of CentOS-4.4.

Currently it has all the features of the older plus kernels and all the
items turned on by the upstream provider in their main kernel ... except
that XFS is being removed from this kernel (and added by a standalone
module that has newer sgi code for xfs).

I am not going to add patches to the kernel, but I will entertain
requests to turn on features that are included and require users to have
to recompile their kernels (that don't require adding patches).

If you currently have to change the config file and recompile the
kernel, tell me the config items you are turning on and I will see if I
can roll them into the new CentOSPlus kernel.

I need all the input in the next few days ... so don't put it off :)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes