[CentOS] FW: FDISK Help please in Centos 4.3

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Fri Aug 18 14:01:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 15:39 +0200, Peter Kjellström wrote:
> On Friday 18 August 2006 15:17, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > Just wanted you to know that you had the option of no partition and no
> > lvm.
>
> I agree that this should work, but I've seen some strange behaviour when
> trying it with large devices and would as such recommend against it.

Even more, raw has only 1 basic advantage: max space and speed. But LVM
seems to have little enough overhead that all its advantages become
predominate in my mind. I never use raw anymore, regardless of size. I
am too much in love with things like vgextend, vgreduce, ... that allow
easy adjustments as the environmental needs change.

I am even using it as a SOHO cheap, fast backup and "instant recover"
vehicle. A little more dev and I'm done (for *my* needs).

--
Bill