[CentOS] FW: FDISK Help please in Centos 4.3

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Fri Aug 18 14:29:10 UTC 2006

William L. Maltby wrote:
> Even more, raw has only 1 basic advantage: max space and speed. But LVM
> seems to have little enough overhead that all its advantages become
> predominate in my mind. I never use raw anymore, regardless of size. I
> am too much in love with things like vgextend, vgreduce, ... that allow
> easy adjustments as the environmental needs change.

Now, if the LVM implementation in Linux supported mirroring, that would be
great. Perfect as replacement of md-raid1 and perfect for drive migrations where
you don't have to move real live data, as you just move mirrors.

And define /boot to always start in PE #1, and you could do away with partitions
all together with an easy addition to grub.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.