[CentOS] lvm2 mirroring in upcoming centos 4.4, was: FDISK help

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Sat Aug 19 08:44:56 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Morten Torstensen wrote:
>> Now, if the LVM implementation in Linux supported mirroring, that would

> lvm2 does, now, support mirrors.

I see that is a new feature in the lvm2 tools in the upstream providers Update
4. Tried to google up some info, but it all drowns in md mirroring and old info.
Hope they have implemented 3-way mirrors, on-the-fly increase and reduction of
mirrors. Like you have in AIX LVM. Too bad it was based on HP-UX LVM originally,
but that is water under the bridge.

With LVM, it is pretty easy to do mirroring, since all you have to do is map
more than one PE to each LE. I'm looking forward to test this feature. It could
also deprecate utilities like pvmove, since you would not really need it anymore.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.