[CentOS] Cool 'n Quiet

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Aug 20 15:31:20 UTC 2006

I thought Powernow would not be running at all on default CentOS 4 since
AMD says to recompile the kernel with the linux driver package they
provide, and the latest drivers don't work with kernels before 2.6.9,
anyway. After your three postings I googled around and found I have to
load the powernow and cpufreq-ondemand modules. I did so on one of my
machines and changed the governor to ondemand. Seems to work so far, no
error messages yet. My machines are on AM2 sockets.

One problem I have is that I don't get cpuinfo_cur_freq, only
scaling_cur_freq.
I also don't get any temperatur reading via /proc/acpi/thermal_zone, but I
assume that's because of the chipset? (nforce 430).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany