[CentOS] Cool 'n Quiet

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Aug 20 22:19:48 UTC 2006

Centos-admin wrote on Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:06:39 +1000:

> dual
> core AMD cpu

btw, no one having issues in X server with these? I got two a few days ago
and both have the same problems in gnome (I didn't try another window
manager).

1. they randomly repeat characters I type. It's not that they repeat too
fast or too early or so. It just happens randomly but much too often. I
had to disable the key repeat. I tried the nvidia supplied X
server/display driver but this didn't make a difference. I remembered
that the CentOS Live CD doesn't have this problem and when I booted into
it again and checked the kernel it was clear why: it uses the normal
kernel.

2. the menus of the upper action bar often don't stick. Very often they go
away right after the click, so that I have to press the mouse key most of
the time to keep them in sight.

I haven't noticed any other bad signs for non-X programs and if it is
confined to X or gnome only I'm happy, but I fear there might be more
serious problems only revealed over time.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany