[CentOS] [OT] RedHat's licence, CentOS rebuild

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Sun Aug 20 18:20:58 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-19-08 at 01:02 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> You should keep in mind that
> we are neither competing nor fighting Redhat, and we are certainly not
> stealing anything from them. We provide an alternative to RH's offering
> to people who can support themselves ( or are happy with the support
> options provided by the open source community and the centos users
> community ) and we do this meeting all RH requirements for doing so.

That's a very important point.  I've heard many times people claiming
that Red Hat based distros, like CentOS, are leaching off Red Hat and
financially harming them.  That simply can't be true since RH customers
are paying for support, whereas CentOS "customers" must help themselves.
Two completely different things.

Again, an excellent point.

Regards,

Ranbir