[CentOS] web based mail packages for CentOS

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Tue Aug 22 11:30:51 UTC 2006

Easy for you to say! I was up late last night trying to figure out why
no mail was coming in? I think it has to do with the kerberos
integration with AD (which is what provides the single sign on).

I followed the directions and even saw users but for the life of me I
could not logon to webmail?

Using the sxadmin I noticed that no mail was active at all in the queue?
Do you have any idea to what could be the cause?

All of the mail coming in was being flat out rejected. Was there some
additional steps that had to be done on 'sendmail' I had not configured
the sendmail.mc which I would have typically done to get a mail server
running with sendmail.

I hate sendmail (though I have a big hefty sendmail book) and moved to
postfix for the ease of admin...

Perhaps I do not understand what is going on with the imap service and
mta. I noticed that there is a modififed sendmail.cf that contains
information of scalix. This makes me think that scalix 'should' (key
word) be setting up what it needs to. By default sendmail will only
accept mail from localhost. Does scalix take care of this or is it one
more thing that I have to do? The docs and knowledge base do not really
talk about it, which makes me believe that this thing should be working
out of the box.

I would like to give another shot (this time try it without the AD
intergration) to see how it works.

Thanks,

James