[CentOS] Kind of OT: internal imap server

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Aug 24 05:22:57 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Postfix still doesn't have a way to let you hook user
> defined scanners running under a different uid to run
> in realtime during the smtp conversation, does it?  MimeDefang

I just implemented a greylisting app called GPS with postfix on an
embedded ARM board here, and it runs as "nobody" and is active during
the smtp conversation.

You add something like this to /etc/postfix/master.cf and you're away:

policy unix - n n - - spawn user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/gps /etc/gps.conf

I realize often the skills one acquires managing a particular setup can
outweigh moving to another platform even if it is better, but one look
at the need for a Makefile to translate one incomprehensible config
format into a config format that sends grown men insane convinced me to
back the Postfix horse :-)

-Andy