[CentOS] Kernel-Update also from from centosplus-repository???

Timothy Kesten centos-lst at gmx.de
Thu Aug 24 18:28:39 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag 24 August 2006 19:51 schrieb William L. Maltby:
> Since nobody seem to have mentioned it, and you had a problem that may
> be affected by it, I want to suggest you look at the yum protectbase
> plugins and the exclude and includepkgs keywords in the repos.d repo
> definitions. They are designed to help avoid overlay of packages by
> similar ones from another repo.
>
> If you're already onboard, sorry to waste your time. If not, there's
> lots of refs to these items in the archives and the yum docs the CentOS
> presents touch on them too.
>
> > Timothy
> > <snip sig stuff>
>
> HTH

Hi Bill,

thanks for your hint.
An answer  (from Alexander Dalloz) to my other thread pointed me to this fact.

<cite Alexander>
You previously run the unsupported kernel from centosplus and updated to
the base kernel.

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/centosplus/Readme.txt

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/kernel-unsupported/
</cite Alexander>