[CentOS] FreeNx for 64bit Kernel

Fri Aug 25 02:29:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 19:20 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 21:08 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 18:36 +0400, Rajeev R Veedu wrote:
> > > Could some one guide me from where I can get freenx rpms and its
> > > dependencies (nx) for 64bit kernel? I have goggled quite a lot but did
> > > not see nx. Rpm for 64 bit.
> > >

> > There isn't one as the upstream people do not produce code that builds
> > on on x86_64 or sparc64 ... which are the only places I have personally
> > tried to build it.  Rick Stout of Fedora also can not build it on
> > x86_64.
> >
> > So freenx is i386 only for now.
> ----
> While we are discussing this, I ended up downloading the latest client
> (2.0.x) which doesn't work with the 1.5.x server (at least I couldn't
> get it to work).
>
> It's very hard to find a 1.5.x client (I did eventually find one) - any
> prospect of a 2.0 freenx server?
>
> Craig

I'm sure a 2.0 freenx server is possible ... it is not upstream at the
linux freenx people yet though.

There are workarounds for the 2.0 client for freenx.

Once we finally get 3.8 and 4.4 out the door I will at least roll in
these changes and maybe fix up a 2.0 freenx server.

For now, look here for fixes:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2006-August/003848.html

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes