[CentOS] Can't update kernel, says not enough space

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Mon Aug 28 08:20:21 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> The problem is that many people (not saying that is the case here)
> don't know how to do it right, or even why they are doing it. In
> those cases, they should stick to the 4 basic partitions (/boot, /,
> /tmp and swap).

You are forgetting /home, which I really would put on a partition of its
own, as that makes upgrading your Distribution much easier, cause you
don't really have to worry about the data there. You can even go for
another distribution then and still use your old /home partition.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one