[CentOS] Re: Does irqbalance actually do anything?

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Mon Aug 28 12:12:16 UTC 2006

My experience is that when switching CPUs for the IRQ Interrupts, it introduces a delay.
In other words, each time it switches CPUs, I would lose interrupts.

I am using CentOS for Telephony purposes, so eached dropped interrupts is a potential problem.

The first thing that I do on any CentOS box, is disable irqbalance and set them CPUs manually.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org