[CentOS] Re: Does irqbalance actually do anything?

Email Lists lists06 at abbacomm.net
Mon Aug 28 15:33:14 UTC 2006

-> Behalf Of Steven
-> Subject: [CentOS] Re: Does irqbalance actually do anything?
->
-> My experience is that when switching CPUs for the IRQ Interrupts, it
-> introduces a delay.
-> In other words, each time it switches CPUs, I would lose interrupts.
->
-> I am using CentOS for Telephony purposes, so eached dropped interrupts is
-> a potential problem.
->
-> The first thing that I do on any CentOS box, is disable irqbalance and
-> set them CPUs manually.
->
-> --
-> --
-> Steven
->

Would you please show and tell what you mean by "set the cpus manually"
after disabling irqbalance.

Thanks in advance!

 - rh