[CentOS] Re: Can't update kernel, says not enough space

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 18:47:57 UTC 2006

> > Lazy? ;-)) When he first posted it, I did a "man ...". The answer is
> > there!
> >
> But you have to install it before you have the man entry. And it leaves info
> for others. And yes, maybe a little bit lazy... O:-)
>
> And now that I tried it, it didn't remove the smp kernels, so I had to do it
> manually. And I don't see anything in the man page about that.
Bazooka Joe <fastfish at gmail.com> from the Fedora forum wrote this a
few days ago.
<start qoutation>
1) "uname -r" to tell you what kernel you are running.

2) "rpm -qa | grep kernel"

3) "rpm -e" all the kernel-XXX and kernel-devel-XXX kernels you want to delete.
 I recommend keeping your last two kernels.

4) In addition, you might want to do the following:

 rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep kernel | grep -v smp`

 That will remove all kernel and kernel-devel stuff that is not smp.
____ <end of qoutation>
regards,

Guillermo.