[CentOS] VSFTPD problem ?

denis at croombs.org denis at croombs.org
Tue Aug 29 11:11:14 UTC 2006

>> > the user

>> > how about not copying the files over ? its only a 1 line
>> > change in the vsftpd.conf file to enable chrooting of users...
>>
>> Sorry, but I tried that was well.
>
> Pointing out the obvious here but have you restarted the vsftpd service?
>
> # /etc/rc.d/init.d/vsftpd restart
> or
> # service vsftpd restart
>
> Are the contents of /etc/shells the same on each server? Do the
> default shells specified in /etc/passwd for the user match on each
> server? And as everyone else pointed out, is there anything in
> /var/log/secure or /var/log/messages ?

Hi

Yes I have restarted it after each change to the conf file.
The shell for both is the same and the user can ssh onto both machines and
on both systems can get to the home directory first time with no errors.
No errors in ANY logs, which is why it is blowing my mind, the 1st server
just worked, and this second 1 is just driving me up the wall.

Thanks for you assistance.

Denis