[CentOS] Kind of OT: internal imap server

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Aug 30 11:16:29 UTC 2006

Aleksandar Milivojevic schrieb:

> Feizhou wrote:
>

>>> The beginning of my Local_check_rcpt looks something like:
>>>
>>> SLocal_check_rcpt
>>> R$*    $: $>3 $1
>>> R$*    $: $1 $| $>3 $&f
>>>
>>> The input workspace for Local_check_rcpt contains only the
>>> recipient. This two rules rewrites the workspace to look something
>>> like "recipient $| sender".  The remaining rules (not quoted above)
>>> than work on this pair, and based on some map lookups the ruleset
>>> returns either OK or an error.  Very simple.
>>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> I probably might have missed them if they exist but are there any for
>> the helo string and client ip/rdns?
>

> There's set of macros that deal with that (${client_addr},
> ${client_name}, ${client_ptr}, $s).  Not sure about HELO/EHLO
> argument.  Check what is exactly in $s or definition of Received
> header (it digs it from somewhere).

To those of you dealing with Sendmail the name "Neil W. Rickert" should
say something.

http://www.cs.niu.edu/~rickert/cf/bad-ehlo.html -->

http://www.cs.niu.edu/~rickert/cf/hack/block_bad_helo.m4

rDNS tests do too much damage: please see http://www.cs.niu.edu/~rickert/cf/

"HACK(`require_rdns')
<http://www.cs.niu.edu/%7Erickert/cf/hack/require_rdns.m4> -- reject
mail from sites without valid reverse DNS. Access entries allow
individual override. I don't recommend this. The amount of collateral
damage is excessive."

Alexander