[CentOS] CentOS-4.4: I likke the new look! ... uh and everyhing's good too.

William L. Maltby

CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Wed Aug 30 20:37:47 UTC 2006

Downloaded 290/290 and kernel panic, not syncing. Same old Linux.
Fortunately, hadn't started updates, /home had been unmounted by some
forward-looking individual and there was a sync;sync and blockdev --
flushbufs running every 15 seconds. =>:-o

Pucker factor went from {O} to {o} to }{ the max!

Anyway, a quick reboot, fsck, split the check-update into 2 arbitrary
pieces and do it again.

Part 2 is running as beads of sweat drip due to a recently arrived y
\thunderstorm ... but I finished first, powered all down.

Back up and everything is working.

I like the new look. The flicker when scrolling the virtual desktop
around *seems* reduced (I'm sure it'll leave when I activate DRI again,
turned off by the stupid Xorg update).

Anyway, congrats from this old workstation. Looks good.