[CentOS] OT: CentOS hosting recommendations

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 30 23:35:07 UTC 2006

> Check out LiquidWeb, www.liquidweb.com.

Sorry to intervene in your discussion, but I wouldn't trust a company with
such a flashy, unprofessional website!

> they were one of only two providers for which
> I could find NO negative comments. Lots of positives.

It seems you've never heard of ASO :)
http://asmallorange.com/

You might even *try* (30 days money back, and they do it!) a shared virtual
one, you might be impressed. Mine is very usually responsive, GNAX.net has a
good connectivity with America, and they fix any inconvenience *very*
quickly.

CPanel, ssh, etc. CentOS on dual-Opteron (they also have dual-Xeon Dell
PowerEdge 1850).

You can test the responsiveness of my blog: beranger.org in what happens to
be quite bad conditions, as while I'm writing this they have:

load average: 2.80, 2.44, 2.41
Cpu(s): 44.0% us,  2.1% sy,  0.9% ni, 43.0% id,  8.8% wa,  0.1% hi,  1.0% si

Béranger