[CentOS] Yum upgrade to 4.4 problem

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Thu Aug 31 15:31:49 UTC 2006

Will McDonald wrote:
> On 31/08/06, Julio E. Gonzalez P. <jegp at netvision.com.py> wrote:
> > I have the same problem here...
> > Anyone has something to say about this?
> > Thanks.
> > Julio.
>
> Try strace-ing the process ID of the yum process to see if it's stuck
> at the "futex" call/stage. I tried blithely "yum update"-ing my test
> system earlier and it hung on this.
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=strace+futex&meta=
>
> Now the system's in a little bit of a state consistency-wise.
> Fortunately, we've covered this ground before. :)
>
> *cuts*
> *pastes*
>
> Check the list archives for :
>
> "futex.. How to remove lots of duplicate packages"
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-March/thread.html#62319
>
> "yum update killed on cleanup stage - anything to worry about?"
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-March/thread.html#62568

>From your second link:
    Yes, I did get lots of duplicate packages but I've already fixed
    that.  Basically, what I did was to run Adam Stoke's script to
    remove duplcate packages. It can be located at
    http://astokes.org/?q=node/49

That website is no longer working.  Is there still a copy of this
script floating around?

--
Bowie