[CentOS] /var goes read-only

Sat Dec 2 00:43:49 UTC 2006
Kevan Benson <kbenson at a-1networks.com>

On Friday 01 December 2006 15:24, Joshua Gimer wrote:
>  Thanks, that is what we were thinking was happening. Smartd will not start
> at boot,  it parses the config file just fine and then fails.

Well, unless that's different than noted behavior before there were problems,
that doesn't really indicate a bad drive any more than a drive/driver that
doesn't support smartd.  Smartd doesn't work on most sata drives with the
sata driver included in the stock CentOS kernel.

When I have seen smartd working, it starts fine but puts messages in the logs
about drive problems when there are actual problems.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks