[CentOS] Fwd: How to add a route to a network via 2 gateways.

Fri Dec 29 21:39:04 UTC 2006
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

You can add a second route and weight it as follows:
ip route add equalize 192.168.2.0/24 scope global nexthop via
192.168.0.254 dev eth0 weight 1 nexthop via 192.168.0.250 dev eth0 weight 1

This assumes that:

both gateways are connected to eth0 on your linux box
You want equal traffic weight down each gateway to the remote network....

Regards

P.