[CentOS] Up2Date and yum failing

Fri Dec 8 21:28:11 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 06:34 +1100, CM wrote:
> I have 2 new servers built from 4.3 isos. I want to update them but
> cannot do that because of update issues:
>
> Up2date fails because of a several dependency issues.
> yum update fails because of a problem with the au mirrors. yum can find
> the mirrors but not the headers.

I would recommend that you install yum-plugin-fastestmirror and enable
plugins in /etc/yum.conf by adding:

plugins=1

Then you can rollover to 10 mirrors using the default configuration.

The up2date issue happened because of a bug with handling obsoletes ...
which is fixed in an update :P

also ... header issues normally mean you need to clean your yum
cache ....

yum clean cache