[CentOS] Re: centos 5 beta 2 status

Tue Dec 19 14:36:24 UTC 2006

Eric Wood wrote:
> Is there a howto about contributing artwork?   I didn't know if there
> was a wiki page set up to where people could upload their artwork.   It
> would be neat if the page listed every file that needed a new look with
> dimensions and file formats required.   I have several art guys on Macs
> that could contribute if it was easy for them to upload - you know those
> Mac people!!

wiki.centos.org/ArtWork is where we are going to try and consolidate
most of the work. And no, we dont expect the Art guys to be doing the
rpm'ising of the bits - at this time we just want to finalise a look and
feel for the distro.

If you need a list of all graphics that need to be done, I can create
that in no time. However, a short list of things to get done for a look
& feel :

1. GDM login screen
2. Grub splash
3. Default Background
4. Gnome and KDE Splash screens
5. One Installer screen ( mostly that says, Welcome to CentOS-5 )

> Once all the files are uploaded, then rpm packages could be "freshened"
> somehow with the winning set of artwork.

if we get multiple options and themes, we are quite happy to include
them all - if someone is putting in the efforts, we have no problems in
rewarding them by including the artwork.

However, only 1 can become the default.

- KB