[CentOS] Re: centos 5 beta 2 status

Wed Dec 20 03:51:18 UTC 2006
Paul <subsolar at subsolar.com>

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 14:36 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> wiki.centos.org/ArtWork is where we are going to try and consolidate
> most of the work. And no, we dont expect the Art guys to be doing the
> rpm'ising of the bits - at this time we just want to finalise a look and
> feel for the distro.
>
> If you need a list of all graphics that need to be done, I can create
> that in no time. However, a short list of things to get done for a look
> & feel :
>
> 1. GDM login screen
> 2. Grub splash
> 3. Default Background
> 4. Gnome and KDE Splash screens
> 5. One Installer screen ( mostly that says, Welcome to CentOS-5 )
>
> > Once all the files are uploaded, then rpm packages could be "freshened"
> > somehow with the winning set of artwork.
>
> if we get multiple options and themes, we are quite happy to include
> them all - if someone is putting in the efforts, we have no problems in
> rewarding them by including the artwork.
>
> However, only 1 can become the default.

Is there any specific look that is desired?  I assume that since this is
a more business oriented distro the desire is for something more
understated rather than something adventurous.

I see there is a new logo posted there and it still is "pink" for the
text.  Some other color would probably be better like blue, white or
black.

Anyways if we had samples of the original artwork it might make it
easier to make a drop-in replacement.

Regards,
Paul Berger