[CentOS] Postfix + SASL

Sat Feb 4 00:28:34 UTC 2006
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Fr, den 03.02.2006 schrieb Dominik Składanowski um 23:57:

> I have a mail server where I use Postfix+SASL. Everything works fine.
> Sending emails when using client (Outlook, Thunderbird or anything
> else) require authorization. It is OK.
>
> But on the same server there is a Squirrelmail which sends emails as a
> localhost. To send email in this way there is no any authorization.
> Besides one preson use PINE on the server...
>
> How to do that authorization is required when you use Squirrelmail or
> PINE (localhost)?

I am no Squirrelmail user (running horde/IMP myself for several years),
but I guess it is not SMTP AUTH by Squirrelmail what you want, but to
let webmail users initially auth with Squirrelmail. That is the typical
use.

If you really want that Squirrelmail has to auth with the local Postfix
you have to use SMTP instead of sendmail inside Squirrelmail's
configuration (too needed when SELinux is active) and to reconfigure
Postfix in main.cf. Typically localhost / 127.0.0.0/8 is part of
"mynetworks" and "smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
...". At least you have to remove "permit_mynetworks" from those
smtpd_*_restrictions.

Could you please explain what you really want and why?

Alexander

Serendipity 01:22:19 up 61 days, 5:59, load average: 0.11, 0.23, 0.18