[CentOS] How to add System V Filesystem to Centos?

Tue Feb 7 01:56:10 UTC 2006
Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com>

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 18:29 -0700, Mace Eliason wrote:
> But will cpio split the file it is to large to fit on a floppy?  What
> about the files I have on the disc right now.  I was using dos formated
> floppies and then ran tar to do the copy.  Is it possible that I can
> read them using some of the suggested way?

 Sorry, I missed one of your posts where you explained what command line
you used.

To extract, you might try:

tar xvMf /dev/floppy

or tar xvMf /dev/fdxxx

where fdxxx is any one of the devices you see when you do a ls dev/fd*

I feel your pain.  It's always frustrating when the machine is 100 miles
away from your office.

Its also possible that:

cat < /dev/floppy >> tempfile.tar

for each of the diskettes in order to concatenate their contents
together, and then when you've done them all:

tar xvf tempfile.tar

*might* just work.

-Steve