[CentOS] Pressing "I" for interactive start-up does nothing

Thu Feb 9 05:00:20 UTC 2006
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Mi, den 08.02.2006 schrieb Michael Chinn, CFO um 23:57:

> I'm trying to convert a Dell Inspiron 210B laptop into a sandbox using
> Centos4.2.  The install went without incident but rebooting (starting)
> the first time the system hangs at "Initializing storage network" then
> says "disabling IRQ# 11" then goes no further.
>
> I've tried to press "i" and "I" to enter into interactive start-up (so I
> can check the log file) but I can't get interative start-up to turn over.

> Michael

If at boot time you already know that you want an interactive start,
then you can at grub boot screen press "a" (without quotes) and append
"confirm" (without quotes) to the kernel line.

Alexander

Serendipity 05:59:05 up 3 days, 2:27, load average: 0.25, 0.08, 0.07