[CentOS] Question about updates again

Tue Feb 14 16:05:43 UTC 2006
Steve Bergman <steve at rueb.com>

Presumably, the CentOS 4.3 update is not far away.  I have CentOS on
several servers now and am doing automatic updates.  What can I excpect
when the actual update gets pushed?  Is there an inclrease in the number
of patches?  Does it happen all in one day?  And if so, how much notice
do I have?

Although I asked on the list a while back, I got some answers that
implied said that at update time, bug fix patches are released and at
other times only security patches.  But I also got a couple of answers
that implied that the quarterly update was just a CD that brought the
distro up to date with the already issued patches.  Sorry to keep
beating on this issue, but I want to avoid surprises.

Thanks,
Steve