[CentOS] Anyone running VMWARE server on CentOS?

Wed Feb 22 15:28:19 UTC 2006
Chris Hammond <chris at tac.esi.net>

I am using it on CentOS 4.2 minimum install.  Installed 2 rpms and works like a champ.  I currently have 3
CentOS 4.2 guests running under it with only one small issue.  It is a SunFire X4100 with dual opterons and I am having the normal time problems.  But overall, it has been a good experience.

Chris

>>> wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net 02/22/06 10:20 am >>>
Hi,

I guess the subject says it all..

I am thinking about combining a few servers onto a single server since
they mostly do nothing much at all which would mean there would be less
load on the UPS and a lot less noise in my office..

Since VMWare server is now free its probably the perfect time to do it..

The only issue is getting the VMWare up and running.. I would prefer to
run it on CentOS as the host OS but if it means recompiling half the
system and not being able to use standard updates then it will probably
just be a pain..

Has anyone set this up on CentOS yet and if so what did you have to do
to get it running?

Thanks